Anna Karen Sigurðardóttir
Veterinarian and resident in veterinary pathology
annakaren (at) hi.is +354 585-5100
2012 B.Sc. in Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen
2015 Cand.med.vet in Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen
2022 Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Iceland
2022-present Resident in Veterinary Pathology, Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, University of Copenhagen joint with Keldur, University of Iceland
2015 Veterinary Officer for cattle and sheep diseases, Icelandic Food and Veterinary Authority (MAST)
2015-2016 Veterinarian, Grafarholt veterinary clinic
2017-2022 Doctoral student, Stem Cell Research Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Iceland
2020-present Veterinarian and resident in Veterinary Pathology, Institute for Experimental Pathology, Keldur, University of Iceland
Broad research topics within the field of veterinary pathology in both small and large animals. Interest in pathology of laboratory animals as model for human disease.
Icelandic Food and Veterinary Authority (MAST)
Gunnhildur Ásta Traustadóttir, Department of Pathology, Landspítali
1. Application of 3D Culture Assays to Study Breast Morphogenesis, Epithelial Cell Plasticity, and Cellular Interactions in an Epithelial Progenitor Cell Line. Sigurdardottir, AK; Hilmarsdottir, B; Gudjonsson, T; Traustadottir GA. Methods Mol Biol. 2429:391-403 (2022).
2. Peroxidasin Enhances Basal Phenotype and Inhibits Branching Morphogenesis in Breast Epithelial Progenitor Cell Line D492. Sigurdardottir, AK; Jonasdottir, AS; Asbjarnarson, A: Helgudottir, HR; Gudjonsson, T; Traustadottir, GA. J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia. 26(4):321-338 (2021).
3. Expression of ncRNAs on the DLK1-DIO3 Locus is Associated with Basal and Mesenchymal Phenotype in Breast Epithelial Progenitor Cells. Budkova, Z: Sigurdardottir, AK; Briem, E; Bergthorsson, JT; Sigurdsson, S; Magnusson, MK; Traustadottir, GA; Gudjonsson, T; Hilmarsdottir, B. Front Cell Dev Biol. 16;8:461 (2020).
4. ECM1 secreted byr HER2-overexpressing breast cancer cells promotes formation of vascular niche accelerating cancer cell migration and invasion. Steinhaeuser, SS; Morera, E; Budkova, Z; Schepsky, A; Wang, Q; Rolfsson, O; Riedel, A; Krueger, A; Hilmarsdottir, B; Maelandsmo, GM; Valdimarsdottir, B; Sigurdardottir, AK; Agnarsson, BA; Jonasson, JG; Ingthorsson, S; Traustadottir, GA; Oskarsson, T; Gudjonsson, T. Lab Invest. 100(7):928-944 (2020).
5. MiR-203a is differentially expressed during branching morphogenesis and EMT in breast progenitor cells and is a repressor of peroxidasin. Briem, E; Budkova, Z; Sigurdardottir, AK; Hilmarsdottir, B; Kricker, J; Timp, W; Magnusson, MK; Traustadottir, GA; Gudjonsson, T. Mech Dev. 155:34-47 (2019).